Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Managing the proposal that takes us to Mars, next generation GPS or satellites performing in ways never seen before... Perhaps it?s a win for a multi-billion dollar defense contract that drives you? Or, the idea of working for a company with the business intelligence and resources to match your skill that gets your attention?
We?re looking for our next Proposal Manager to join our Campaign Strategy & Proposal Operations teams so if the idea of working for Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company where our renowned history and unmatched expertise sound like the right combination to back your career growth, please read on!
This position provides the opportunity for a Proposal Manager to join a team driven by strategic partnerships, deadlines and wins. When our Capture team identifies a qualified new business path, our Proposal Manager takes over in partnership with the Capture Manager to bring home the formal win which means you are a key, and visible, player in LMSSC?s future and space exploration.
The Proposal Manager is the fulcrum point of translating the capture opportunity into RFP and Award success. We travel often - sometimes with short notice, engage with technical and executive experts to deliver the goods and thrive on the idea of exciting new opportunities, pulling it all together by deadline and winning the opportunity for our team.
Perform proposal management, volume lead and author roles for the Proposal Operations department of Space Systems Company (SSC). Key duties include:
* Proposal planning/scheduling, detailed RFP analysis, lead/conduct proposal kick-offs/training, lead multi-discipline teams and provide one-on-one coaching/guidance to team members.
* Position is primarily responsible for the design, development and delivery of compliant, customer-focused proposals.
* Position may also be involved in value proposition/value delivery development, as well as baseline development.
(1) Demonstrate excellent communication, presentation and team building skills.
(2) Must be able to make effective decisions, build consensus, and sustain team energy and commitment.
(3) Must be willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time and with short notice (up to 50%).
(4) Must be able to work varying schedules with the potential of extended work hours as driven by proposal demands (e.g. extra hours on nights and weekends).
(5) Demonstrated ability to multi-task in the management of multiple simultaneous proposals.
(6) Ability to obtain TS/SCI Clearance (US Citizenship required).
(7) Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education.
(8) Demonstrated ability to lead proposal volume teams/authors in developing and delivering proposal products with constrained schedules and resources. This process includes things such as developing and managing proposal schedules, conducting RFP analyses, leading kick-offs & training, and leading the teams through to proposal product development and delivery.
(1) Demonstrated ability to work with capture teams to understand the value proposition/value delivery system (VP/VDS) strategy and then lead a proposal team to communicate with high confidence this VP/VDS strategy.
(2) Subject matter expertise outside of direct proposal management role, but relevant to LM programs (e.g. Planner experience).
(3) Current TS/SCI Clearance.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado