Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer in Owego, NY to lead the design and build of Systems Integration Labs. Systems Integration Labs are comprehensive software and hardware in-the-loop environments that support end to end electronics integration, testing, and verification of our aircraft systems.
- Support the development of hardware and software lab architectures (e.g. wiring, networking, diagnostic interfaces, physical layouts, facilities planning, etc) to connect lab infrastructure with aircraft electronics
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams to design and build the lab benches
- Providing project engineering (cost, schedule, and technical) leadership to ensure on-time delivery of lab features and compliance with facility, security, safety, and other organizational processes
- Communicating project status and staffing needs with program and functional leadership
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours? drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, wineries, craft breweries, festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
The basic qualifications of this position include:
1. General understanding of systems integration and test principles
2. General understanding of aircraft electronics
3. Project engineering experience, including: (a) establishing cost/schedule plans, (b) tracking the build and integration of hardware, (c) coordinating activities that involve multi-disciplinary teams
4. Experience using Microsoft Tools (i.e. Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
5. Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to constructively engage with a diversity of organizations and a willingness to incorporate the process and business needs of many different organizations (e.g. facilities, IT, security, etc) into our lab design plans
6. Must be able to obtain US DoD Secret clearance.
The following additional skills would enhance a candidate's ability to be successful in the position:
+ Previous Systems Engineering experience across the entire program life cycle (e.g. requirements development, integration and test, etc) within the Aerospace and Defense industry, especially with aircraft electronic systems
+ Hands on experience as a user of system integration labs and test infrastructures
+ Detailed knowledge of aircraft electronics systems, their usage, and communications interfaces
+ Strong written communication skills
+ Current holder of US DoD Secret clearance.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Owego New York