Service Desk Technician (Job Number:431817)
SAIC is anticipating an opening at our Service Desk in Bagram Afghanistan.
We are looking for competent Help Desk technicians with 3+ years experience as a Service Desk Technician providing Tier 1,2 and 3 levels of support.
Technician must have strong technical knowledge and be able to communicate solutions in fast paced environment.
Service Desk technicians serve as first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, via email or via TrackIt ticketing system.
- Perform routine troubleshooting and use proven diagnostic techniques and investigate problems to resolution.
- Provide support and respond to tickets within 30 minutes of customer entry as required by SLA.
- Technician must be able to determine best course of action and solution, based on the issue presented, and provide documentation of details in trouble ticketing system.
- Must be willing and able to walk customer through the problem solving process to determine root cause and document findings.
- Technician will escalate unresolved issues to higher tier technician if needed.
- Technician will provide a written record of events and problems along with resolution and log information in appropriate KB.
- Technician will follow up with customers and regularly update customers on status and information related to their ticket.
- All work will be completed on-site in Afghanistan; varying locations - - some travel within country may be required
Bachelor's and 2 or more years of experience or HS and 6+ years of experience can be used in lieu of degree
Must have full 3+ years experience in Service Desk operations
- Must be tech savvy and possess working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote support.
- Need good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, possess a willingness to learn, and have a customer Service oriented manner.
- Must work with attention to detail, have good interpersonal team interaction and also ability to work alone at a remote site if required.
- Knowledge of: Active Directory, Windows 7/10, Office suite, NIPR/SIPR/CXI, Remedy, Remote Desktop, Security Certificates
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: SCCM, RMS, CFEMS, Sharepoint
Must have active Security + certification
Must have active Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), in either Windows 7 or Windows 10 certification (NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
Clearance Requirement: Must have active DOD Secret Clearance
Must have valid US passport with at least 6 months remaining
Prior CRC attendance, within the last 12 months is HIGHLY DESIRED.
Existing, valid Afghanistan VISA HIGHLY DESIRED
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 30, 2017, 3:07:47 PM
Primary Location: Afghanistan-PAR-BAGRAM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job