Program Manager (Job Number:431964)
Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients. Responsible for ensuring contract requirements and subcontractor responsibilities are being accomplished including working on the definition and implementation of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract. Responsibilities may include developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for an assigned portion of a program, participating in and establishing and defining program plan requirements, and monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years? experience
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, business, or technical discipline, or six (6) years of a demonstrated knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to the specific technical disciplines of the SOW.
- In addition, six (6) years of specific professional research, engineering, design, and development experience with weapon control systems, including an understanding and working knowledge of systems engineering disciplines, software development and test techniques, as well as test and evaluation functional capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to manage large projects including acting as primary point of contact for the Contractor?s tasking. This includes formulating, guiding, and directing the technical approach, and establishing and controlling technical milestones, schedules, and costs for day-to-day execution.
- Experience monitoring tasks in accordance with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) plans and an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Six (6) years of concurrent experience as a Program Manager for a contract comparable in scope and size to this effort that includes:
- Managing and providing effective leadership for the engineering and development of a major DoD weapon control systems program.
- Ability to plan, control, and direct large efforts and interface with sponsor personnel.
- Organizing, budgeting, managing, establishing and maintaining schedules for systems engineering, software development and test and evaluation tasks associated with developing and deployed software.
- Demonstrated capability to direct a multi- disciplined team of technical experts to produce required products within cost, schedule and time constraints.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job