Senior Software Engineer (Job Number:432012)
Senior Software Engineer:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application Software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial Software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures Software standards are met.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a SECRET clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor?s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline.
- Professional experience providing Software engineering for analysis, design, development, test, and maintenance of Software and database models.
- Specialized Software Engineering experience
- Nine years of concurrent progressive experience with a demonstrated technical background in:
- Developing programs in higher level computer languages, such as FORTRAN, C, C++, Java, PERL, Oracle, Structured Query Language (SQL), CMS2, Pascal, and Pro*C hosted on both Unix/Linux and Microsoft systems; and
- Using structured programming methods, Program Design Languages (PDLs), Agile Software development process, Modular Software design, ANSI C++ and Java applications in a networked LINUX environment, personal computers in Windows environment; and developing Software in a multi-threaded/multi- process environment.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2017, 4:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-DAHLGREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job