full-time employee contract
Responsible for providing leadership, program management, and technical/operational oversight of U.S. Department of Homeland Security?s Protective Component. Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently and will oversee the efforts of program staff and be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Works on solving problems exercising independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities of the contract Program Management Office (PMO) departments. Performs personnel management tasks of hiring, training, and reviewing employee performance as well as collective bargaining support from an operational perspective. Makes and approves decisions and authorizes their implementation.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations.
2. Formulate policies, manage daily operations, and plan the use of materials and human resources.
3. Manages all operations aspects of Program Activity including budgeting, cost management, schedule management, data management, safety, compliance, proposal activity and other related operations activities.
4. Serve as principle liaison with current and prospective program customers.
5. Oversees all aspects of operations for the program across all active operational locations.
6. Manage support to government project offices regarding acquisition and procurement processes, for pre/post-award Commodity/Services and Sustainment contracting activities, formulation of acquisition strategies, and acquisition documentation.
7. Manage support to DHS Acquisition Professional Career Program - eXpansion (APCP-X) program management
8. Manage business and financial management for acquisition programs.
9. Manage mission and requirements analysis and development, system architecture design, technical and technical management processes, software analysis, test and evaluation, enterprise architecture, systems security, environmental resource and real estate planning, facilities planning and engineering, systems engineering management
10. Determines resource needs and provides leadership and training for personnel to plan, implement and complete program activities as required.
11. Prepares and leads various program meetings/reviews and formal briefings to both ManTech senior executives and Customer organization.
12. Generates various reports/deliverables, including monthly program status reports to the appropriate management personnel.
13. Ensures effective Subcontractor performance.
14. Supports Contracts Department in interpretation of contractual requirements to ensure program compliance.
15. Travels to deployed locations to oversee planning, technical execution, contract compliance, and interface with Customers.
16. Directly interfaces with functional corporate officers and leadership.
17. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
· Minimum of ten years (10) of related experience required and five years (5) of program management experience required.
· MA/MS degree.
· Requires experience in Program Office operations, management, budgeting, and fiscal planning and execution, and preparation of reports and proposals.
· Experience providing DHS Acquisition and Procurement Support; Business Operations Support; Systems Engineering Services; Business Process Improvement, Management and Governance.
· Experience with FAR, HSAR, DHS MD 102-01-001.
· Must have strong capability in team building and personnel development.
· Knowledge of protective operations and standards is required.
· Must have excellent writing, listening, and public speaking skills.
· As a contractor to the United States Department of Homeland Security, applicant must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
· Ability to receive a favorable Suitability Assessment as determined by DHS, specifically:
o Tier 1/NACI (National Agency Check and Inquiries) level background investigation within the last 10 years; or otherwise be the subject of a favorable US Secret Service controlled Tier 1/NACI background investigation; or
o Tier 4a/BI (Background Investigation) level background investigation within the last 5 years; or otherwise be the subject of a favorable US Secret Service controlled Tier 4a/BI background investigation.