Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach ? and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Database Administrator for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for OPS 4 support at Luke AFB.
Database Administrator for an operating unit, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all the databases within the system. The Database Administrator maintains the internal database of the system as well as the individual applications. The Database Administrator works closely with the System Administrator to carry out and sustain system-wide backups and restores. The Database Administrator will provide maintenance of databases to include the following: backups, disaster recovery, database support (status checks, Oracle critical patch updates).
Performs Database technical duties to include general backups, restore, updates, testing, debugging, integration and analysis. The specific duties include performing data transfers between operating units and other systems (internal and external), providing user access to data, keeping servers operational, configuring assets to support user needs, troubleshooting assets. Monitors test progress, corrective actions, hardware/software baseline status, testing patches and an overall status of the system. Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to for the JSF Squadron discussion during the flight and evaluation activities.
Relocation: Some relocation assistance may be available for this exciting position.
The Locale: Glendale, AZ is part of the central region of Arizona and is part of the Phoenix metropolitan area. Glendale is located right in the center of the region close to many of the best attractions and institutions that Arizona has to offer. In addition to the Grand Canyon National Park, there are several national forests, national parks, and national monuments in Arizona. Flagstaff, AZ is about 2 hours north of Glendale with its mountains and skiing. Tucson, AZ is about 2.5 hours to the south. Put away that snow shovel because the region has a subtropical desert climate typical of the Sonoran Desert in which it lies with extremely hot summers and warm winters.
Candidates must have current security clearance investigation with 6 years from the investigation close date.
Must be able to obtain/maintain SAP.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
2) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience
3) Good communication & Verbal skills
4) Self starter & be able to Multi-task
5) Familiar with COTS/developed Software (Oracle, SQL and/or Siebel)
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must able to obtain and retain Security+ certification
8) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 or 1000-1900 (standard), and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
9) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for management
2) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) hardware and software
3) Certified in Security+
4) Demonstrated database administration skills, to include:
a) Experience with importing large data volumes and managing large Oracle and SQLServer databases, be able to execute and troubleshoot database SQL scripts and report/correct finding and issues to the development team.
b) Database backups for Disaster Recovery preparation and maintenance on the Oracle databases. Scripts to perform Level 0 and delta (Level 1) backups, full logical export of all database data that collects snapshots of parameter files and checks database for logical and physical corruption
c) Database restoration for disaster recovery from most current backups
d) Status check scripts to troubleshoot database issues by pulling status of every database on the server, status of the database listener, and provide database system file tampering notification
e) Manually install Oracle Critical Patch Updates
f) Reviewing V$ tables and DBA views for any issues that may arise
g) Locate user session data via the command line
h) Performance tuning utilizing SQL commands (without using Oracle Enterprise Manager)
i) Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) experience for backup and recovery to include hot and cold backups.
j) Understanding of SQL/PL-SQL language and be able to execute.
5) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN) Fabric architecture (Zoning, logical unit number (LUN) Masking, and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware.
b) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc), Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols.
c) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks.
d) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture.
e) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager).
f) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape.
6) COTS/developed software skills
7) Software Engineering background and experience
8) Integration & Test experience
9) Reinvestigation within the last five years.
Candidates Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Luke Air Force Base Arizona