Cloud Security Engineer Principal (Job Number:432098)
SAIC is seeking Cloud Security Engineer Principal.
Note: This role allows for 100% telecommute and up to 25% travel.
This role will support customer initiatives, SAIC internal projects, and SAIC solution development. The successful candidate will lead the Design and implementation of security solutions for complex IT architectures and systems with a focus on public Cloud, private Cloud, virtualization, Cloud automation, network function virtualization (NFV), and software defined networking (SDN).
- Analyze business and technical requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Integrate newly developed and existing solutions into private, public, and hybrid Cloud environments
- Security engineering and solution development
- Provide leadership and technical oversight for assessment & authorization (A&A) of several complex architectures
- Serve as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for technical matters related to cybersecurity in public, private, and hybrid Cloud solutions
- Provide mentorship and guidance to colleagues in the area of Cloud security engineering
- Our Cloud Security Engineer role offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work and projects. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, desired fields include computer science, computer engineering, information systems, cyber security or a related field
- US Citizen who can obtain a DoD Top Secret (TS) / Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance
- Must meet baseline IA certification requirements for an IAT Level III position per DoD 8570.01-M (CISSP, CASP, GCED, GCIH, or CISA) within 90 days of hire, as a condition of continued employment.
- 15 years of progressive responsibility and directly relevant experience in information system security Design, implementation, and operations
- 5 years of experience with Design, implementation, and operations of server virtualization technology (e.g. vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM, RHEV)
- 3 years of experience in Cloud-based systems Design, implementation, and operations
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD cybersecurity guidance and authorization & assessment (A&A) processes (e.g. DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2, DIACAP, RMF, FISMA, FIPS, FedRAMP, DoD Cloud SRG, DFARS requirements)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and detailed technical writing skills
- A strong work ethic with a focus on quality, results and customer satisfaction
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect ? Associate/Professional
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)/Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Experience in Design, implementation and operations of Intelligence Community Cloud architectures
- Experience with scripting languages and IT automation tools (e.g. Bash, Perl, VBScript, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudForms, vRA)
- Hands-on server management in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Hands-on network administration experience
- Hands-on experience with network security solutions (e.g. firewalls, NIDS, NIPS)
- Hands-on experience with endpoint security solutions (e.g. AV, HIDS, HIPS)
- Hands-on experience in Cloud system integration, Cloud migration, and data center consolidation
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2017, 2:21:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job