Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
The Information and Data Architect Lead role is concerned with updating, modifying, deploying, and managing the ALIS System Information and Data architecture. This role will focus on how information from the ALIS business aspect is transformed into the necessary System data that is to be defined, stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different entities and IT systems that ALIS interacts with, as well as with any applications using or processing that information/data. The information and Data Architect ? within an Agile Framework - will work closely with customers to identify critical business information needs and align those needs with the work being performed by the domain Systems Engineers, Interface Leads, and System Designers.
The Lead Information and Data Architect will be responsible for a standard common business vocabulary that expresses strategic data requirements and outlines high level integrated designs to meet these requirements and align with Enterprise strategy and the related business architecture. Integral to this role will be the development of Domain Object (DOM) and Data Models (DM) leveraging model based system design (MBSD) techniques using SysML and DODAF/UPDM principals. The modeling tool of choice on ALIS is Enterprise Architect (EA).
The selected candidate will be expected to set ALIS information and data architecture principles, create models of information and data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, create diagrams showing key information and data entities, and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architectural vision of the ALIS product.
Primary responsibilities of the Information and Data Architect include:
1. Define and Organize information and data at the macro (System) level
2. Assist with the definition and organization of data at the micro level through data models and data dictionaries
3. Provide a logical data model as a standard System source for consuming applications to inherit and draw from
4. Provides a logical data model with elements and business rules needed for the creation of Data Quality (DQ) rules
5. Provide technical input and decisions as a primary member of the SEIT/Architecture and Engineering (A&E) group within the ALIS engineering team
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Significant experience in Software Intensive Systems Engineering design, requirements analysis and decomposition, and a solid understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Experience defining, decomposing and reviewing requirements for completeness and testability
- Data modeling experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a secret security clearance
MS or BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Systems Engineering, combined with Systems and/or Software Engineering experience
- JSF ALIS experience
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Systems Modeling and Design (SysML) and experience working with an Enterprise-level toolset (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
- Business and information modeling
- Experience following an implementation through the full life cycle
- Experience with SVN & JIRA
- Experience managing requirements in DOORs
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida