full-time employee contract
The Database Management Specialist is basically defined as the IT professional that is involved in all aspects of a business data flow. The Data Management Specialist must have very strong Unix/Linux experience as well as power shell scripting. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks without supervision and limited guidance. Typically reports to a senior level manager.
· Data Management activities to include identifying and manipulating data to process through various applications based on existing business rules
· Responsible for problem escalation to Management and third parties as appropriate
· Collaborate and consult with Database Administrators team members to assist with day-to-day tasks
· Provide SQL tuning advice to development team
· Be able to prepare Dynamic SQL?s respond to customer?s requirements
· Extensive experience in PL/SQL coding and SQL reporting
· Develop database utilities and automated reporting
· Create shell scripts for task automation
· Create, test and execute data management languages
Qualifications for this position include:
· Proven Oracle 11g Database Management experience.
· Oracle PL/SQL Experience and OLAP Skills.
· Proficiency with TOAD and OEM.
· Oracle Data Guard experience is preferred.
· Possess excellent communication and written skills
· Requires 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis
· Oracle certifications
· ITIL Foundation v3 Certification
Clearance Required: Minimum: U.S Citizen/Must be clearable/ Preference: Active Secret Clearance
Working Hours: Day, 8am-5pm plus on-call/after hour support as necessary.
Education: A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 or more years related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 11 years of experience).