Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This position is in the Enterprise Business Services (EBS) organization and utilizes training, experience, and software development skills to create cyber security software solutions for software exploitation, malware analysis, digital forensics, computer-based espionage, security intelligence, contemporary threat intelligence, and cryptanalysis.
Examples of systems used in cyber security applications include network and host based Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), malware analysis systems, Security Information Management Systems (SIMS), Full Packet Capture (FPC), and threat intelligence systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
-Applies the appropriate software engineering standards, processes, procedures, tools, and general software engineering skills throughout the system development life cycle
-Designs, develops, maintains, documents, tests, and debugs software supporting cyber security operations
-Assists in evaluation and selection of platform for systems
-Assists in user training and operation of systems
-Domain Knowledge in cyber security trade craft and intelligence drive defense is a plus, but not required for candidates applying for the position. The domain knowledge will be taught through on the job training.
This is a fast paced, challenging position where high performance and quick ramp-up is expected. The ability and willingness to support and meet tight deadlines on a continual basis, while staying focused on policies and procedures will produce successful results. The ability to performance effectively and efficiently, both independently and as a member of a diverse virtual team is most valued.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Technical writing experience and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience working in small teams
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance or higher
- Minimum of 1 year of experience or familiarity gained through college coursework or related training (includes self-taught):
- C, C++, C#, Java, Perl, or Python programming knowledge
- Software engineering/development
- Common network protocols and services: TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS, etc.
- Cyber Security / Computer Network Defense (CND) Domain experience
- Experience with predictive analytics, data science, data mining, machine learning, or related fields
- Experience with COTS or open source information security products (IDS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, etc)
- Agile Development
- Experience with the Suricata IDS platform
- COTS/FOSS Integration
- Proven accountable, dependable and reliable work ethic
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Rockville Maryland