full-time employee contract
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
ManTech is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to support a growing, dynamic program in Southern, MD at the Patuxent Naval Air Station.
This position requires a minimum active clearance of a DoD Top Secret.
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to ?secure the future? supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We need an experienced Technical Writer and cross-functional team members who will work diligently alongside Technical Professionals supporting and executing operations occurring in Southern, MD, Arlington, VA, and throughout the nation.
Must currently hold a TOP SECRET clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Writer is expected to create, develop, organize, author, and edit material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications; not limited to reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications, digital presentations, pamphlets and brochures associated with methods and procedures, installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- He/she is expected to research, know and utilize modern systems thinking to ensure that consistency between textual data and adjacent publications is linked and presented well, is accurate and complete, and meets all editorial and government specifications as required by governmental officials and per accepted quality conventions.
- Technical writer is expected to lead and participate in interviewing production and engineering personnel, and reading and interpreting journals, reports, and other material to be familiar with product technologies and production methods and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- This technical writer is also expected to interface well with governmental technical leads to support project development and the publication of assigned project periodicals.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite applications is desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience supporting a major, multi-faceted program with writing and developing program and project manuals.
- Bachelor?s degree and equivalent experience.
- Equivalent Experience/Education
- 8-10 years w/High School Diploma
- 5-7 years w/ technical certification
- 3-5 years w/Bachelor?s Degree