Full Time Employee
IT Policy and Governance Support (Job Number:432485)
SAIC is seeking a Policy and Governance Analyst to join our Arlington based team.
Policy and Governance Analyst shall Support JS Policy and Governance to sustain alignment between the JS IT policy, strategy, enterprise architecture, and IT service management with ongoing DoD and Pentagon-wide transformation efforts. The contractor shall coordinate JS collaboration activities, actions and tasks with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), JSP, military services, combatant commands and agencies on IT related policy issues.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
- Manage JS Action Packages (JSAPs) for the entire DD CIO/ITS and process for IT equities.
- Ensure requirements are staffed completely and the government lead is kept informed on all actions.
- Utilize a COTS solution comprised of Bizflow, Alfresco, and Jaspersoft.
- Will provide Support throughout the governance, management, and execution layers to include developing JS CIO policy and guidance based on law, Federal regulations, DoD CIO policy or any other relevant policies and guidance.
- Collaborate on IT related policy issues, recommend, and develop policy implementation plans/strategies to affect IT transformation.
- Examine institutional policy and governance initiatives to determine how these may allow J6 and other organizations to implement these initiatives, and otherwise function more efficiently within and across DOD business processes.
Other tasks as assigned:
- Provide analysis and Support to various initiatives directed by Joint Staff leadership to operate the business processes of the staff more effectively and efficiently.
- Provide Support by recommending alternatives, identification of emerging technologies and knowledge of IT successes of other DoD communities of practice.
- Provide recommendations on processes and best practices for delivery of technology solutions to the Joint Staff while aligning efforts to DoD Enterprise.
- Serve as a liaison between the JS and DoD Governance Board Secretariats, Pentagon Area CIO Council Boards and working groups, and other existing groups and newly established boards, councils, groups, offices, organizations, and activities as may be required.
- Collect, assess, analyze, and report on policies, issues, and initiatives affecting the Joint Staff.
- Assist in the development of the Joint Staff position on governance board issues.
- Coordinate activities, provide meeting scheduling, guide processes, and coordinate analysis of all JS IT new and existing requirements for the JS IT Requirements Validation Integrated Process Team (IPT), IT Executive Committee (ITEXCOM), CIO Executive Working Group and CIO Executive Board to ensure requirements align with policies, strategies, missions and goals.
- Will provide Support documenting the process and procedures for each of these governing bodies.
Will develop and manage information requirements for the Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative and coordinate reporting in the Data Center Inventory Management (DCIM) system
- Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Candidate must currently possess and be able to maintain a TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. or B.A. degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years? experience in technical work in the major area of full life- cycle system engineering involving concept development and requirements analysis.
- Specialized experience with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in direct execution of major IT efforts involving concept studies.
- Must be capable of handling assignments involving analysis, preliminary production, planning, requirements definition, traceability, and evaluation of one or more alternative technical approaches and associated costs for creating or upgrading performance of a system or activity.
- Specialized experience in portfolio analysis with at least four years of experience in mission analysis, DoD or Federal financial management and business processes, contracts and financial execution.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2017, 9:49:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job