Akima, LLC (www.akima.com)
District of Columbia
Are you looking to be a part of a team that your knowledge and experience will make a difference and your expertise is greatly valued? If so, Apply Today!
At the forefront of Interagency communications and operations management, and focused on services for Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness and Response, Ikun specializes in Logistics Management, Mission Systems Support, Software Development and Data Center Management.
We are hiring ARCHIVISTS to support our contract at FBI. FBI: The FBI has limited intellectual control over its objectives and documents related to FBI history and operations and solicits for quality professional services to:
- Development of exhibits and historical sites contents
- Cataloging various collections including, but not limited to, objects, photographs, videos and files.
- Conduct specialized historical research such as; to identify and authenticate historical resources and studies and preserves artifacts, objects, manuscripts, and records.
- Manages, maintains and preserves collections.
Minimum Education: Bachelor?s Degree in related field
- One (1) year experience in specific field.
- Demonstrated experience of cataloging, archival, or organizational management
- Demonstrated skills of extreme attention to detail, meticulous management of ambiguous data, and categorical management.
- Ability to thoroughly gather and analyze data, develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding organization problems or procedures.
- Experience with document finding and implementation of new processes.
- Experience with careful handling objects of all shapes and sizes.
- Physically able to lift and carry objects of varying size and weight ? Up to 20 pounds unassisted, potentially requiring step stool or other tools to assist with subject movement.
- Previous museum or curatorial experience strongly preferred.
- Strong research skills utilizing various qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Current Secret Clearance is required.