Senior Doctrine Technical Writer (Job Number:432901)
SAIC is seeking Senior Doctrine Technical Writer to support Training at our Quantico, VA facility.
- Possess outstanding writing skills, mastery of the English language, and knowledge of grammar.
- Able to format documentation into Federal Printing Regulations Standards format camera-ready documents that require no additional formatting prior to printing by the Government.
- Edit the work of Technical writers. Able to translate complex strategic and doctrinal issues and express them in a clear and concise writing style. Knowledge of service level and joint doctrine, field manuals, and policy.
- Use graphic techniques to portray complex data and concepts.
- Edit and write complex strategic and doctrinal material and documentation in accordance with USMC standards.
- Conduct research and analysis during events.
- Attend conferences and meetings at both the resident site and other locations off-site.
- Assist in reviewing classified material and recommend a lesser classification for use in events, models, simulations, demonstrations, reports, publications, and briefings.
- Assist in the preparation, orchestration, and presentation of the post event critique and after action review, training evaluation, and validation reports including all historical documentation.
- Advise MSTP Director on current doctrine matters and suggest subjects that may be candidates for doctrine publications.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and two (2) years or more experience
- Must be eligible for at least a top secret clearance and ability to acquire TS/SCI clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Civilian Education. Master's degree required. Major in operations research, history, Management, military science, or equivalent area desired.
- Military Education. Minimum three years? experience in military training and education.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School such as Marine Corps CSC or completion of equivalent nonresident course required.
- Attendance at SAW or equivalent 2nd year PME program is required.
- Military Operational Experience.
- Minimum eight years? operational experience in deployment and employment of ground combat, aviation, supporting arms, and combat service support units and related equipment.
- Minimum three years? demonstrated knowledge of military doctrine, tactics, and command relationships at the operational command lever as measured by actual operational force employment experience.
- Direct participation in real world operations is desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the Technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 3, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-QUANTICO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job