Senior Java Software Engineer (Job Number:433271)
SAIC is looking for Software Developers to support the NATSS program in the maintenance and modernization of 30+ key legacy applications (mostly Java, SQL and PL/SQL, some Delphi, C++, C). The applications will reside in the Amazon GovCloud. The Software Developer will support the effort to stabilize, modernize, and optimize key legacy applications. He/ she will be part of a Software development team that will use Agile scrum methods to maintain the current Software and develop the replacement system. The team will contribute to Software design of a SOA-based architecture using micro-services and containers to create a cloud- optimized replacement of the 30+ legacy applications.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 5 years of experience in Software development. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Must have 5 or more years of experience developing Software using Java, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, micro- services, and Software containers (e.g. Docker), Delphi,
- Must be experienced in Agile scrum methods
- Must have experience with SOA based architecture and implementation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud-based applications, Amazon Web Services
- Delphi Client/Server Development
- ScrumMaster certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 8, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-TN-COOKEVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job