KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver.
With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: IT Desktop Support Technician
Location: North Charleston, SC
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, security, and support of desktop and laptop computers.
- Respond to customers by phone, email, or in person. Customers will consist of employees located at the Rivers Avenue location in North Charleston along with other remote employees worldwide. Support provided will be for hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution using the ServiceNow system.
- Image desktops and laptops using automated imaging tools and configuring computers using documented processes and procedures for use on the network.
- Mitigate security vulnerabilities by applying patches, updates and other fixes to desktops, laptops and virtual machines as assigned by the Security Operations Center team.
- Keep inventory of all KBR IT assets for the site.
- Break/Fix of all IT issues for the assigned locations
- Other duties as assigned by the IT Management Team.
- Provide after-hours on-call support as scheduled.
- Answer questions related to procedures, transactions, system status, interacting with network services and application developers in order to restore service, usability, and identify problems.
- Under direct supervision, assists in monitoring, responding, configuring, installing, and repairing hardware and software problems according to established procedures.
- Deliver IT support remotely over the telephone.
- Implement the most effective solutions when resolving end user computing issues while meeting service level agreements.
- Support customer on day to day issues in the operation of standard PC equipment including desktops, laptops, thin clients, software, printers, and peripherals.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Associates or higher degree in IT/IS. Active enrollment and participation in an IT degree program can be substituted for the Associates degree requirement. Security or DOD 8570 Level II equivalent is desired.
- Must have 2 or more years of experience providing desktop support in a Microsoft Windows Domain environment. A thorough knowledge of Windows 7/10, Active Directory, Office 2016, and experience in providing direct customer support is required. Knowledge of VMware, thin clients, wireless networks, endpoint encryption, and use of ticketing systems is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with exemplary customer service skills.
- Great service skills.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish tasks.
- Ability to resolve all assigned Help Desk tickets according to established metric guidelines and target goals.
- Very detail oriented and able to effectively and accurately document various technical issues utilizing a Help Desk ticket tracking tool.
- Work well under pressure and in a geographically dispersed team setting, must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and possess the ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic, fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Be capable of handling computer equipment weighing at least 30 pounds
- Ability to apply various, complex diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions is required
- Research and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance required
- Sporadic night and weekend hours may be required.
- Knowledge of VMware is a plus.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-US-SC-North Cahrleston
Req ID: 1058826