full-time employee contract
Defense Health Agency DCoE ?s Office of the Chief Information Officer, or J6 organization oversees activities in IT Cyber-security, information systems operations, Enclave desktop support, Mobile technology services, Infrastructure services and information systems development and modernization. The mission of this project is to provide specialized technical expertise to support activities in the following area; security certification and accreditation, continuous monitoring of critical information systems and engineering support for Data networks and telecommunications that span across the enterprise.
· he datacenter manager shall be certified IAW DoD 8570.01-M. The datacenter manager shall be responsible for overseeing all of the datacenter management and support subsection tasks.
· Operate, maintain, and perform sustaining engineering of the Data Center and its associated systems.
· Perform installation design, procure, and install new cabling, equipment, and associated hardware and software to extend and/or enhance existing services.
· Provide configuration control and design of systems including the creation and maintenance of installation and system interface drawings.
· Implement and maintain access control procedures.
· Operate, maintain, and perform system monitoring, initializations, upgrades, backups, recoveries, and storage management for production systems.
· Determine and manage facility requirements including space allocation and assessments of power and heat loads.
· Develop and implement acceptance testing to support installation of hardware systems, subsystems, components, peripherals, and interfaces.
· Monitor system and subsystem efficiency and perform troubleshooting and tuning of systems, subsystems, components, peripherals, and interfaces.
· Conduct day-to-day computer operations for multi-user hardware systems to support processing of varying on-line and batch applications and schedules.
· Support consolidation of services which includes planning, testing, license management, capacity planning, and installation of computer systems hardware and software, as necessary.
Plan, engineer, integrate, and implement new capabilities and features to optimize and standardize workloads, meet customer requirements, and accommodate changes in technology.
Must possess one of the following certifications to start: SAP, SPSS, MCSE, or MSFT