full-time employee contract
ManTech is seeking a Data Scientist to support to our growing Marine Corps Intelligence programs in Quantico, VA.
Establish comprehensive plan for collecting, processing, exploiting and managing publicly available information and intelligence products for the MCISRE. Ensuring system is flexible and adaptable to evolving requirements and provides access and collaboration across the Enterprise. Develop Data analytics models and tools (widgets) to creatively process, analyze, and present social media and other online Data to meet intelligence requirements for the Enterprise. Meet rigorous security and information assurance requirements for collection, storage, and management. Someone that is able to use a coding language, pull in Data into a program, write packages to sort through it, and help us visualize and analyze it.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
· Must possess an active TS/SCI DoD Clearance
· Must possess a Bachelor's of Science Degree and 8 years of experience, years of experience can replace degree requirements. Applied Science Degree and/or Advanced Degree preferred
· Handles raw Data (e.g. structured, unstructured, and mixed datasets), and analyzes Data through the application of various statistical techniques or tools
· Experienced in working with and exploiting big Data; distributed computing; predictive modeling; mathematics; statistics; machine learning; story-telling; and visualization
· Demonstrates ability to extract meaning from and interpret Data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning
· Determines methods of statistical analysis and applies statistical techniques to determine measures of central tendency, correlation, sample size, significance of differences, etc.
· Researches pertinent literature in a designed project area and analyzes applicability of concepts