full-time employee contract
ManTech Advanced Systems, Inc., is looking for an Application Engineering Lead to develop cutting edge software solutions for the DHS community. You will develop and maintain processes, registry/repository standards, performance models, costing models and metrics ensuring architecture compliance. You will serve as a technical leader for enterprise projects and initiatives. You will be able to influence the application development teams to design and build quality solutions. You will provide consulting expertise to various IT teams on projects and provide expertise and participate in the development of an enterprise architecture framework.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs as technical expert and Lead engineer for the assigned project, maintaining a thorough understanding of the specific systems/software/applications being developed. Works with the customer and technical staff in the resolution of software problems and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
The Application Engineering Lead will:
· Provides technical expertise to project planning and decision-making.
· Supervise technical Team, providing guidance and direction on assigned tasks to Team members, ensuring timely completion of all activities.
· Collaborate with System Architect on aspects of solution architecture and design.
· Collaborate with Development Manager on project scheduling providing level of effort estimates for assigned tasks and status updates as required.
· Collaborate with Information Assurance Engineer on aspects of system security artifacts.
· Identify new technologies that meet current and projected business needs.
· Work closely with functional users to identify and define new business needs.
· Work with customers and technical staff in an agile development environment.
· Mentor junior engineers as required.
· Conduct periodic code reviews.
· Demonstrated ability to Lead a Team of technical personnel in delivering solutions to a government client.
· Knowledge of software engineering principles, concepts, and best practices.
· Knowledge of Java and J2EE principles and best practices and use in web-based systems.
· Experience with commercial-leading software in the areas of: relational databases (preferably Oracle), search and discovery, and content management.
· Strong knowledge of Spring Framework and/or (Hibernate or Struts).
· Experience working with Java Application Servers (preferably Apache Tomcat is a plus).
Solid in Object Orient Design. Familiar with the common design patterns.
· Experience with UNIX operating system and knowledge of shell scripting.
Knowledge of Service-oriented architecture design principles and practices.
· Experience with Agile/SCRUM/KanBan.
· Demonstrated experience in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration).
· Bachelor?s degree (in Computer Science or related field) and fifteen (15) years of experience. With a Master's degree, Ten (10) years of experience is required.
Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain a Customs Border Protection Background Investigation.
· Must possess analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
· Experience working in a secure environment and handling classified materials desired.
Location: Dependent on Customer direction in either Alexandria, VA or Sterling, VA or Herndon, VA