M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation?s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean?s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Communication Technician Apprentices are employees and have basic employee responsibilities. This level Apprentice will be given instruction and work experience installing basic communication equipment which involves using hand tools and power tools, a basic understanding of electrical blueprints, and knowledge of the NEC. Additionally, each Apprentice must make every effort to become a well-qualified technician. This requires registering for related instruction courses, attending regularly and being in time.?
Responsible for but not limited to:
1. Assisting in pulling various types of wiring.
2. Assisting in Site Grounding
3. Assisting in Pulling Low Voltage Cable
4. Assisting in Prefab Assembly installation.
5. Assisting in Core Drilling
6. Assisting in the installation of Cable Tray.
7. Installing Devices
8. Maintaining clean work area.
9. Securing company tools daily
10. Assist with monthly tool checks
11. Participating in Job site clean Up
12. Handling material.
13. Preparing the work area.
14. Demonstrating effective use of hand tools such as drill motors, sawzalls, hydraulic knockouts punches, etc.
15. Wearing all Personal Safety Equipment
16. Following safety policies and rules
17. Reading, understanding and demonstrating use of Activity Hazard Analysis
18. Demonstrating proper use and care of tools
19. Displaying understanding of and following material safeguarding and storage practices
20. Displaying understanding of and following equipment safety, safeguarding and storage.
21. Assisting in all size of telecom wire pulling.
22. Participating actively in Daily work briefings.?
High school diploma or GED are required
Must be 18 years of age
Must have reliable transportation to and from the jobsite and school.
Be willing to attend school in the evenings one or two nights a week for three (3) years.
Vocational Training is a plus.
Required Skills:See Job Description