The Amazon Web Services Certified SysOps Administrator - will have the technical expertise in deployment, management, and operational sustainment of managed services within the AWS platform.
Functional duties of the candidate will include:
- Automating deployment of elastic, highly available and fault tolerant systems within in the Amazon Web Service cloud computing environment.
- Adhering to the DevOps lifecycle, using a suite of standard tools and practices.
- Migrating legacy on-premises services, leveraging native AWS services and technologies where possible.
- Identifying and mitigating threats to security postures.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be mission-focused and a problem solver. Our company was built to support the Special Operations Forces community. The right candidate is dynamic and creative, and is willing to take on any challenge.
- Be familiar with the defense sector. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cutting-edge cloud computing systems for one of the worlds foremost special operations communities. You have an understanding of standards and compliance requirements that impact the DoD IT community.
- You continuously seek the best way to solve engineering challenges, making use of automation, scripting, open source tools, and industry best practices.
- Possess good speaking and presentation skills for use in both formal settings, as well as white-boarding sessions with other seasoned developers and architects. You will need to communicate frequently with your team, with other teams, and with the users of the services you are developing.
- 12 months of experience interacting with a remote computing environment such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, OpenStack, or equivalent, especially using command line interfaces.
- Thoroughly proficient in operating within a Unix or Linux environment.
- Experience in automating tasks using a script or interpreted language such as bash, PowerShell, Perl, Python, or Java, and automation frameworks like Terraform, Vagrant, and Packer.
- Experience deploying Web application frameworks, such as Node.js, Django, Zope, or Rails.
- Experience using any of AWS CloudFormations, OpenStack Heat, Azure Resource Templates, or Google Deployment to automate deployment of cloud resources.
- Ability to use a source control management system such as Git, Mercurial, or Subversion.
- Exposure to monitoring and analytic tools such as Splunk, SolarWinds, Naigos, Zenoss.
- Knowledge of any of the following a plus: SAML, LDAP, Apache, nginx, Ansible, PostGreSQL, json, yaml, mqtt
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
One or more AWS certifications: (Certified Solutions Architect Associate/Professional, Certified Developer Associate, Certified SysOps Admin, Certified DevOps Engineer Professional)
Certification sufficient to comply with DoD 8570.1, IAT-L2 (Security+CE).
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.