The Information and Knowledge Technologies department at Raytheon BBN Technologies is looking to hire Part-Time synthetic biology researchers (20 to 24 hours a week) in the Cambridge, Massachusetts or Columbia, Maryland
office. Candidates should have a strong computational background (both software and data analysis), experience in the field of synthetic biology, and the ability to work in a self-directed manner as Part of a team. We are primarily interested in Hiring at the postdoc / new PI level, but are open to considering strong candidates at any level.
- Strong programming skills, particularly in Java and Matlab (or close equivalents)
- Creative problem solving and experimental design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with synthetic biology
- Strong mathematical background, and/or
- Software engineering experience, and/or
- Knowledge representation background
- BS (in Computer Science or related field) with 6+ years, or MS (in Computer Science) with 4+ years, or PhD (in Computer Science) with 0-3 years
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons. 108798
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.