Linux Engineer (SR766) (Job Number:433995)
Position is for an experienced Oracle/Redhat Linux Engineer that has experience with all dimensions of Linux Servers in a large, complex environment.
The responsibilities include designing, building, integrating and all other activities large Linux systems in a very large, highly virtualized Linux environment. The primary duties include designing and managing the Oracle/Redhat Linux servers that provide our enterprise business suite of applications. The position requires knowledge/experience of all the different aspects both hardware and software of the Linux environment as well as supporting all types of services and integration of the services into the environment. The role will also be expected to resolve New problems as the technologies are deployed that will require creative solutions. The position is on a large team and will be supporting the services for a large customer.
- Requires Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Minimum of 5 years? experience supporting Unix/Linux Servers in an server administrator role including patching, installing, troubleshooting backing up and all other aspects
- Applicant must have strong customer service skills, communications skills, documentation skills,
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
Requires an active DOE L or DOD secret clearance to start.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or other configuration and automation technologies.
- Bash, PERL, Python or similar scripting experience
- Active DOE Q clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 1, 2018, 10:10:17 PM
Primary Location: United States-NM-Albuquerque
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job