Knowledge Management Analyst Sr (Job Number:434100)
Job Description: SAIC is seeking a Senior-Level Knowledge Management Analyst to perform data Management and analysis of DoD manpower information. The candidate will support the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) Human Resources Directorate (HRD) Manpower Management Office (MMO). This office provides total force manpower support for the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), WHS, and other Defense-wide organizations (Defense Agencies and Field Activities) as assigned. The office prepares, justifies, and provides manpower Management information to support planning, programming, budgeting, and execution processes, as well as provide total force manpower, and force Management analysis services and guidance. Manpower and organizational data necessary to support these actions is documented and maintained in the Fourth Estate Manpower Tracking System (FMTS).
- DoD functional area subject matter expertise to include working knowledge of database systems in general in order to effectively manage data in the FMTS - an Oracle-based database system.
- Working knowledge in order to analyze data across the subject matter and functional areas to identify anomalies, gaps, and other areas necessitating further investigation.
- Ability to evaluate, streamline and document processes for maintaining data, while ensuring adequate oversight for data integrity.
- Working knowledge/understanding of the OSD staff in order to ensure total force manpower requirements are accurately created, moved or adjusted in FMTS.
- Working knowledge/understanding of OSD organizational structures in order to accurately process changes and updates to FMTS.
- Working knowledge for developing, preparing and completing FMTS monthly manpower reports, and for updating required changes to the reports when presented.
- Working knowledge of DoD manpower and personnel policy and processes, including familiarity with DoD billeting structures and personnel systems.
- Working knowledge for using FMTS to provide data in order to complete the annual Inherently Governmental Commercial Activities report, The Defense Manpower Requirements Review (DMRR), Section 143 Management Headquarters Manpower, and other reports as required.
- Query development and spreadsheet analysis in order to support preparation of reports for decision making processes.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree preferred in a related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years demonstrated experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working within FMTS system.
- Understanding of tables, views, and query structures as well as an ability to create both ad-hoc, as well as standard data reports as needed and be able to work in the FMTS data environment.
- Power user level capabilities in the use of Microsoft Excel, including creation of formulas, use of pivot tables, as well as development of graphic charts in Excel and organization charts in Visio, Smart Draw, or Defense Ready.
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
- No travel anticipated
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Military Base access required (Mark Center)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 13, 2018, 9:24:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job