District of Columbia
Solutions Architect Chief (CCIE) - Remote / Telework (Job Number:434204)
Summary: (This position will allow remote / telework, with travel up to 50%)
This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership for contract acquisition and transition of multiple IT Infrastructure projects in the area of Enterprise LAN/WAN Architectures. This role acts as a subject matter expert in the technical and operational design of large complex Enterprise LAN/WAN Networks. This Solutions Architect Chief participates with peer Solution Architects, Senior Program managers, and capture teams to develop technical responses to proposals to acquire and transition new IT Infrastructure programs. This role will work with leading network equipment vendors to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop network solutions using leading principles and concepts.
As a specialized technical leader, the Solutions Architect Chief will be involved in the complete life cycle of IP network solutions. This includes gathering technical requirements, developing complex solutions, testing of architecture solutions, transition, and providing tier 4 operational support. Responsibilities include developing designs/architectures, including, but not limited to, campus LAN and/or WLAN switching, WAN design, Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANET), Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN), Virtual Private Networks (VPN), SATCOM, and other IP centric solutions.
The Solutions Architect Chief recommends/makes decisions on program matters to ensure effective post award transition of the program or project to the direct program team. Additional job functions include continued post award support to the Program in terms of proposal support, customer meetings and definition of new requirements.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform moderately complex network designs using existing and new technology. Plans configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
- Prepare technical responses to Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI)
- Develop technical whitepapers
- Prepare Basis of Estimates (BOE) and Cost Analysis
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to engineering review boards to add new technologies to the network.
- Work closely with the Program Managers on specific programs to attend meetings, consolidate and translate requirements to new design and operational needs. Create relevant documentation and provide customer facing technical presentations as needed.
- Drive the capabilities and execution to effectively optimize data networks including breakthrough work, routine work, and Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts
- Review, rationalize and propose a right-sized networking toolset to consolidate the various tools in use down to a standard set that meets enterprise requirements
- Lead the design and implementation of overall network Infrastructure, to include creating hierarchy processes that streamline IT processes and improves time to resolution of issues
- Lead global Infrastructure team members of varying skill levels and backgrounds
- Perform moderately complex O&M activities. Utilize network analysis tools to identify performance problems in the network. Follow troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Participate in change management (CM) process, including the creation of technical documents such as implementation, verification, and rollback plans. Provide technical and business risk assessments. Perform other tasks as necessary in CM process.
- Provide system engineering and integration support of the DISA JRSS Security Architecture including NIPRNET and SIPRNET
- Design network and security architectures for DoD gateways
- Provide advanced inter-network design and configuration using Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)
- Engineer and implement a multi-vendor security architecture providing firewall services, IDPS/IPS, DLP, and network information flows
- Cisco Systems, Nexus, Catalyst, ASR, ASA
- Juniper Networks
- Computer and LAN Configuration
- Computers/Networks and Devices
- Local Area Network (LAN) / Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Network Management System (NMS) / Operations Support System (OSS)
- Network Security
- Network Systems Architecture
- Network Wireless
- Optical Transport
- Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
- Satellite Communications (SATCOM)
TECHNOLOGIES & PROTOCOLS
- Cisco Nexus Series Switches
- Cisco Systems
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Domain Name Server (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN)
- F5 Networks
- Group Encrypted Transport ? Virtual Private Network (GET-VPN)
- Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
- Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN)
- Internet Protocol/Multi-Protocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS)
- Juniper Networks
- L2/L3 routing/switching
- Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN)
- Layer 3 Virtual Private Network (L3VPN)
- Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD)
- Network Functional Virtualization (NFV)
- Optical Networking
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Synchronous Optical Network (SONET)
- Ultra-High Frequency (UHF)
- Very High Frequency (VHF)
- Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or related field and a minimum of 14 years of experience on network & cyber security or a Masters Degree and 12 years experience. Will consider candidates with 4+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Cisco Internetworking Expert (CCIE)
- Demonstrated Experience in Team Leadership
- Candidate must at minimum have current DOD Secret clearance, with preference being DOD Top Secret.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Demonstrated Experience Briefing Sr. Leaders
- Demonstrated Experience with Risk Analysis
- Experience in DoD IA Policy and Guidelines
- Experience as a Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) Certified Integrator team member
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 9, 2018, 3:01:37 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-FLEXWORK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-TX-HOUSTON, United States-NC-CHARLOTTE, United States-FL-ORLANDO, United States-TX-DALLAS, United States-FL-MIAMI, United States-CA-SAN JOSE, United States-FL-TAMPA, United States-PA-PHILADELPHIA, United States-NY-NEW YORK CITY, United States-IL-Chicago, United States-MO-ST. LOUIS, United States-AZ-PHOENIX, United States-CA-LOS ANGELES, United States-GA-ATLANTA, United States-FL-JACKSONVILLE, United States-CA-SAN DIEGO, United States-WA-SEATTLE, United States-CA-SAN FRANCISCO, United States-MD-BALTIMORE, United States-MA-BOSTON, United States-CO-DENVER