full-time employee contract
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Human Language Technology Specialist (HLT) to join our team in the Bethesda, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
The HLT specialists support the integration and direct the use of HLT for triage, translation, and prioritization of work through exploratory search and other techniques using a variety of automated Government, commercial and proprietary tools.
Essential duties include:
· Support triage teams leveraging NMEC tools and technology to generate detailed information products to include spreadsheet reports, metrics and collection-specific descriptions.
· Support the triage analyst team through review of search results from NMEC tools to assess their precision, accuracy and ability to identify intelligence files from within large collections.
· Lead ad-hoc teams consisting of a systems engineer; Triage, Quality Control and/or Screener Linguists and work collaboratively to rapidly assess collections and determine their potential intelligence holdings and relationships to customer, NMEC and DOMEX consumer information gaps and Priority Information Requirements (PIR).
· Support Workflow and Translation teams by coordinating and supporting the integration of translation memory and Computer Assisted Translation tool to enable more rapid support to translation requests.
· Includes but is not limited to performing troubleshooting of SDL TRADOS and other CAT tools, supporting the use of terminology management, creating Translation Memory Projects, and providing ad-hoc training on the features of tools.
· Track, report, and assist with issues and obstacles to utilization of HLT tools in support of Operations.
· Operations support includes, but is not limited to, supporting the identification of both technical and administrative issues with the utilization of enabling technologies such as Optical Character Recognition and transliteration tools among others.
· Responsible for the creation of standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and updating applicable SOPs for the use of HLT within triage and DOMEX operations.
· Provide ad-hoc training and familiarization for HLT tools used by their respective teams.
· Responsible for providing input and feedback regarding existing tools, as well as recommendations for better integration and implementation of HLT into operations.
· Must possess an active TS/SCI