Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
District of Columbia
* Responsible for the complete satisfaction of FBM's customer, USN Strategic Systems Programs, focusing on the SSP Director, Technical Director, Heads of the Missile and Reentry Branches, and SES? responsible for Programs & Planning, and Chief Engineer. These individuals are directly responsible for Lockheed Martin FBM contracts and are responsible for defending Lockheed Martin's selected source position annually. They define the FBM Team role, scope of work, and fee structure. Additionally, they determine and issue our FBM Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPAR's). FBM is one of the corporation's top 10 programs and SSP must be fully satisfied with contract performance and with performance in pursuit of future FBM orders.
* Represents Lockheed Martin in explaining the requirement for the Program to Congressional Representatives, Senators and their respective staff. Engages the integrated resources of LOCKHEED MARTIN Washington Operations and directs the related activities of the FBM Suppliers at the Vice President level.
* Responsible for detecting incipient perceived performance problems, determining root cause, corrective actions, directing corrective action implementation, and verifying that it is effective. As a member of Lockheed Martin executive management, a peer of SSP Director, and a "member of the SSP executive staff," advises Lockheed Martin and SSP executives in actions required to achieve our mutual success.
* Responsible for collaborating with Lockheed Martin FBM Advanced Missile Programs leadership, Lockheed Martin Intermediate Range Conventional Prompt Strike leadership, and overall Lockheed Martin Navy Strategic Programs leadership in establishing and communicating key strategies for the successful pursuit and execution of programs and projects across the portfolio.
* Maintains the FBM Washington, DC liaison office with the mission to facilitate communication between customer and contractors with non-collocated headquarters. Importantly, this position is the single point of contact keeping our SSP customer appropriately informed of our activities.
* Engages Government personnel (Military and Civilian) regarding their development in the Program, working with Private Industry, mentoring/advising their development, and proactively assuring transparency and confidence in team relationships.
**This position requires an active Secret Clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret**
Fleet Ballistics Missiles, FBM, Project Director, United States Government Program Management Experience, Cost Schedule Management, CAM, Contract Negotiations, Leadership Traits and Interfacing with Executive Management, Ballistic Missile Submarine and SSBN.
* Must have strategic Program experience to include Development, Production and/or Operations experience
* Must have 5 years Senior Manager, or higher, level experience
* Understanding of the strategic deterrent mission and systems
* Active Secret Clearance or higher
* Frequent business travel required
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills at the senior executive level
* Must have Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) experience
* Confidence and trust of SSP leadership
* Congressional and OSD familiarity and Program advocacy experience
* Demonstrated thought leadership instinct and strategy capabilities
* Recognition within strategic deterrent and/or SSBN communities
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Washington District of Columbia