full-time employee contract
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to ?secure the future? supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our growing team supporting a high-visibility program as a Subject Matter Expert in Norfolk, VA.
To be considered, one must currently hold a current / active SECRET clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide extremely high level Subject Matter expertise, support and advisement for work a high-visibility operational planning continuum.
- Provide advanced technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional system analysis, Design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation regarding operational planning requirements utilizing professional planning systems (MCPP, JOPES, APEX and JOPP) that support the development of reports, doctrine and policy.
- Apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific project requirements ensuring integration of expertise across the project from initiation to closing.
- Support the planning for, execution and analysis of, and refinement of the is project, ensuring it is customer focused and from their perspective, improves performance, and completely meets customer?s needs.
- Design and prepare technical reports, studies, and related documentation, make charts and graphs to record results, prepare and deliver presentations, training, and briefings as required by the project and task leads.
- Support and attend (as required) professional exchanges, including in-progress reviews, quarterly command-level decision forums, and doctrinal reviews and conferences hosted by other services, higher headquarters, and other government agencies.
- Support the sustainment of functional relationships with all service and Joint mission-related organizations.
- Meet with clients on a consistent basis to inform, understand and clarify the specific requirements of the project and tasks as it progresses overtime.
- Track task performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals and ensure timely reporting to customer and the Project Manager.
- Continually develop yourself and your team (if assigned).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in global force management, force generation and operational planning and execution.
- Experience supporting major, multi-faceted programs with industry recognized, standard planning techniques, systems and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and properly prioritize tasks and sub-tasks in a high-tempo, high-pressure environment relying on a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high tempo, high stress environment independently and on a team interacting daily with midgrade officers and senior executive leaders.
- Possess strong written and oral communication, organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with software related collaboration and project management tools, and experience with process improvement and control.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Professional business, operational planning education, training, certification and experience.
- Experience supporting joint operational requirements.
- Prior military and/or government agency experience.
- SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
o Required: BS in engineering, mathematics, operations research, or a related technical discipline.
o Desired: Master's or Doctorate Degree from an accredited university in engineering, mathematics, operations research, military science, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience: At least eight (8) years of experience in an operational staff position, perhaps directly related to modern military operations.
Position Type Full-Time