Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an EO/IR Mission Analysis Modeling & Simulation Engineer to provide Operations Analysis in support of multiple programs. Responsible for developing analytical solutions in Modeling and Simulation environment to identify technology gaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios. Candidate will develop solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) chain using EOIR technologies. Candidate will develop simulations, execute analysis plans, and develop reports describing analysis findings.
- Minimum of 4 years systems engineering experience
- Proficiency with scientific computing environments, models, and/or simulations such as the following: MATLAB, Simulink, MathCAD, AREPS, NVIPM, and ExtendSim
- Domain knowledge in EO/IR Sensors, Netcentric Systems, System of Systems, Flight Dynamics and other motion models
- Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
- Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and statistics
- Experience with computer Modeling and Simulation
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance prior to commencing work
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Proficiency in Linux Environments.
- Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Ability to understand tactics as described by military experts and to represent their employment (verbally, graphically, and in simulations)
- Domain knowledge in RF Systems (radar, SAR, etc.), and Tactical Communications
- Knowledge of standard government developed tools including Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS, Combat XXI or similar.
- Small team leadership experience
B.S. in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering or relate technical major required.Desired Education:
M.S. in Math, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering or relate technical major required.This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.