Sr. Cyber Security Analyst (Job Number:434756)
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Analyst who be a member of the security engineering section providing technical solutions to USCENTCOM in support of mission critical DoD systems at MacDill AFB.
- Maintain Cybersecurity engineering tasks and projects in coordination with government and contract leadership.
- Support Cybersecurity projects, implementations, and plans within and across organizational boundaries as necessary. Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Support process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Assist in the implementation of the required government policies, make recommendations on process tailoring, and participate in and documents process activities.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Formulates and designs specifications; developing, modifying, and/or maintaining complex systems and subsystems; defining work problems, designing security technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve problems; analyzing methods of approach; reviewing task proposal requirements, gathering information, analyzing data, preparing synopsis, comparing alternatives, preparing specifications, resolving processing problems, and coordinating work with others; and preparing recommendations for improvement for management consideration.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) process through pre-test preparations, test participation, analysis of results and preparation of required reports.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and 5 years of experience or 9 years of experience without the degree OR Masters and 3 years or more experience OR PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Active Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI and be SCI- eligible
- 5 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in the Cybersecurity engineering field
- IAT Level III Certification: CASP CE, CISSP, CCNP Security, CISA, GCED, or GCIH
- Experience managing software development within a CMMI Level 3 (or higher) environment, or equivalent experience working in a managed configuration environment required
- Be experienced with security engineering as well as subject matter expert in the DoD/DISA Information Assurance (IA) requirements and have expert knowledge of policies and processes, the DOD Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST SP 800-53 and CNSSI 1253 security controls, the DoD network environment, industry computer/security standards/best practices, and DoD CND initiatives.
- Have experience in providing specialized technical subject matter expertise in the planning, and orchestration of the defense-in- depth security engineering, relevant technology and process development, implementation such as security testing, certification and accreditation, intrusion detection policy development, security baseline management as well as IA focused software development in a mixed Windows/Linux environment.
- Have working knowledge of enclave protection technologies to include Firewalls, Network IDS/IPS systems, Host Based IDS/IPS and Security Incident and Event Management (ArcSight SIEM). Must have solid working experience in designing secure network architectures, virtualization technologies, MySQL/MSSQL database platforms, identity and access management principles, application security, encryption technologies, DNS, web applications, ADFS, Nessus.
- Have a proven record of successfully supporting projects and priorities in coordination with the customer within contractual boundaries.
- Have experience leading and working successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Must be able to multitask and work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Have exceptional communication and documentation skills in articulating technical issues to highly technical and non-technical audiences to clarify technical tasks as well as senior management to aid decision-making.
- Characteristics necessary for success include: inter- and intra-team coordination and communication skills; analytical, presentation, and problem solving skills; operating independently with minimal supervision or feedback; and conceiving new and innovative ideas and solutions, predicting potential outcomes, and determining which course of action to follow.
- Based on the knowledge gained from the security engineering activities, support the ISSO and the DoD Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process: Support the development of various artifacts required such as security categorization, notification of change, revisions to System Security Plan, and the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 7, 2018, 4:12:21 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job