Senior Systems Integration Analyst (Job Number:434754)
About the SAIC MSI Program:
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state?s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state?s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth?s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer.
The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst defines discrete systems with processes to link together complex systems and components with software applications to perform as a coordinated whole. Has a broad range of skills and a breadth of knowledge in several IT disciplines including systems and enterprise architecture, software and hardware engineering, interface protocols, and general problem solving skills.
Responsibilities include analysis in support of transition planning, capturing business capability needs and requirements, and development of architectural baselines. The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst will either assist or lead development of integration and migration plans/schedules.
The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst will:
Be a Technical Advocate. Act as a technical advocate for fulfilling Client and Client Customer business needs, support business process improvements, and perform systems analysis to verify IT infrastructure and processes are providing desired mission capabilities.
Provide Analysis and Technical Solutions. Provide technical solutions for a wide range of
difficult problems where the analysis of data, compilation of information, and the development of
knowledge are required in support of business decision-making. Solutions are imaginative,
thorough, practicable and consistent with improving IT services and expanding mission capabilities
for an affordable price.
Have Freedom to Act. Works under only general direction. Independently determines and
develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting
- bjectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining
Impact Team Success. Be a team player who contributes directly to the accomplishment of
program objectives and goals.
Be a Liaison Engage in frequent inter-organizational contacts. Represent the program by
providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst will receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. The focus of assignments will be related to supporting IT Technology Planning via data compilation, analysis, and integrated solution development.
Background / Experience
- IT Technical Knowledge. Understanding of a wide array of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- State & Local Government. Experience with state & local government customers is a strong plus.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen. Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
- The ability to compile data from disparate systems/sources into a structured database, and define relationships between tables and fields; to include eliminating redundancies and inconsistent dependencies
- Analysis. The ability to apply probability and statistics to analyze compiled data and create information for decision-making and integration development.
- Integration Solutions. The ability to use software tools to integrate and automate the exchange of information between various component applications and systems.
- Communications and Presentation Skills. The ability to simplify technical complexities and present solutions in terms that resonate with decision-makers and Customers seeking business capabilities.
Education / Certifications / Other
- Academic Degree. Bachelor?s degree in engineering, science or mathematics with two (2) years of IT experience, or a Master?s degree with zero (0) years of IT experience.
- Continual Learning. Past continual learning, via completion or course work or attainment of credentials and certifications, is preferred.
- ITIL Certification. Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are preferred.
- Location. Work will be performed in Richmond, VA.
- Productivity Software. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, Internet Explorer, and Access), and Adobe Reader, MS SharePoint
- Data Query Software. MS SQL and the ability to develop and use SQL queries to access and compile data contained in relational databases.
- Analysis Software. Comprehensive knowledge of how to apply Excel functions during the course of data analysis. Candidates who have the ability to use Mathematica are of great interest.
- Collaboration Software. Candidates who have the ability to use SharePoint Designer are desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 7, 2018, 6:17:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job