Engineering Technician - Rota Spain (Job Number:432969)
SAIC has a contingent career opportunity to support work for a Defense Systems customer in Rota, Spain. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Engineering Technician will:
- Provide semi- professional technical support for engineers working in such areas as research, design, development, testing, or manufacturing process improvement. Work pertains to electrical, electronic, or mechanical components or equipment. These technicians are required to have some practical knowledge of science or engineering. Some positions may require a practical knowledge of mathematics or computer science.
- Prepare design drawings and assist with the design, evaluation, and/or modification of machinery and equipment.
- Perform non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others.
Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches. Completed work is reviewed for technical adequacy and satisfaction of requirements.
In addition, the Engineering Technician may train and be assisted by lower level technicians, and performs one or a combination of the following:
- Designs, develops, and constructs major units, devices, or equipment; conducts tests or experiments; analyzes results and redesigns or modifies equipment to improve performance; and reports results.
- From general guidelines and specifications (e.g., size or weight requirements), develops designs for equipment without critical performance requirements that are difficult to satisfy such as engine parts, research instruments, or special purpose circuitry. Analyzes technical data to determine applicability to design problems; selects from several possible design layouts; calculates design data; and prepares layouts, detailed specifications, parts lists, estimates, procedures, etc. May check and analyze drawings or equipment to determine adequacy of drawings and design.
- Plans or assists in planning tests to evaluate equipment performance. Determines test requirements, equipment modification, and test procedures; conducts tests using all types of instruments; analyzes and evaluates test results, and prepares reports on findings and recommendations.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret (TS)
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 15 years experience as a Engineering Technician
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 15, 2018, 7:05:58 AM
Primary Location: Spain-AN-ROTA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job