Service Desk Technician (Job Number:435128)
SAIC is recruiting for a Help Desk technician with 3+ years? experience providing Tier I & II support. Technician must have proven experience as help Desk technician and have a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products. Technician must be able to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues and update tickets within the ticket tracking system (TrackIt). Technician will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve customer issues. Technician must have a good technical knowledge base and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problems and explain the solutions. Must be customer oriented and able to deal with difficult situations.
Service Desk requests are submitted over the phone, via email, through ticketing system and via walk in support. Service requests typically require providing remote troubleshooting using diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions related to customer?s issue. Tickets are updated with response time per SLA and through resolution with customer, including educating customers through problem solving process. Any issues which require higher level support are escalated to the systems or network Team.
Technicians follow-up upon ticket receipt and resolution with all customers. All technicians are responsible for troubleshooting, meeting SLA response times for Service Desk tickets, updating ticket tracking system throughout the day, and following up with customers on regular basis.
- Knowledge of: Active Directory, Windows 7/10, Office suite, NIPR/SIPR/CXI, Remedy, Remote Desktop, Security Certificates
- Knowledge of the following is a plus: SCCM, RMS, CFEMS, SharePoint
- All work will be completed on-site in Afghanistan; varying locations - Bagram, Kandahar, Kabul - some travel within country may be required
- 3+ full years? experience in Service Desk operations as Service Desk Technician.
- Must have active CompTia Security + certification (or higher 8570/IAT II certification)
- Must have active MCSA Windows 7 (minimum requirement), MCSA Windows 10 strongly preferred for computing environment certification.
- Currently Possess Active Secret Clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2018, 1:31:30 PM
Primary Location: Afghanistan-PAR-BAGRAM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job