Game Designer (Job Number:435049)
Candidate will create serious games, training, and simulation products for the Army Game Studio and be responsible for: Design gameplay systems from conception to implementation, coordinating with artists and programmers to ensure the customer requirements are met.
Work within a cross-discipline team to define and meet the requirements for government training, simulation and outreach programs.
Ability to work on several projects at once and wear multiple hats as needed from day to day.
Research subject matter relating to the requirements in an effort to ensure authenticity.
Rapid creation of game/play prototypes in order to quickly iterate on concepts.
Ability to self- critique and accept outside critique.
Seek out and incorporate coworkers? ideas into the process.
Encourage and participate in the research and development of new tools and design systems.
- A serious passion for games of all types!
- 3+ years as a professional game, system or level designer
- Shipped at least one title
- A high level of competence with Unreal 4 and Blueprints
- A working knowledge of programming and/or game scripting
- Proficiency in rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts
- Able to work unsupervised and take ownership of specific features and systems
- Able to obtain a Secret Clearance and relocate to Huntsville, AL
- A strong foundation in C, C++ or C#
- Experience using UE3 and/or Unity
- Experience in the VR and/or AR realm
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Competency using Atlassian products including Confluence and JIRA
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2018, 2:10:58 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job