full-time employee contract
The Collaborative Terminology Services (CTT) Project has been initiated to develop a Collaborative environment for editing, creating, and publishing new medical terminology that will provide advanced terminology search and modeling capabilities, SDO import for all code sets consolidated health data repository, NTRT capability including integrating LEGO editors to ISAAC and Lexicon quarterly SDO updates.
The Test Engineer will be part of a talented software team that works on clinical support and standard terminology applications. Roles and responsibilities include understanding system requirements and writing, maintaining and executing Test cases and scenarios to Test the requirements.
· Technical testing responsibility
· Develop and maintain Test strategy in a Scrum/Agile environment
· Test new software builds as they become available
· Write and maintain manual and automated Test scripts
· Execute manual and automated Test scripts
· Perform Integration, System and Acceptance testing as well as Usability testing
· Perform 508 testing
· Document Test scenarios/Test steps in IBM Rational Quality Manager
· Perform manual QA testing of web application and find/report repeatable bugs with an eye on UX sensibility to catch non-technical issues
Assist in coordination of UAT events prior to end of each software release cycle
· Capable of designing Test scripts, installing their own software in Linux environment, investigate logs and conduct initial triage for development.
· Must be comfortable with Linux and ability to capture application logs and other logs in a Linux environment
· Experience with web application testing, with an awareness of modern web issues such as cross-site scripting vulnerabilities and 508 compliance.
· Ability to design Test cases to validate that data is imported / edited / represented correctly.
· Must have experience with the Test tools such as SOAP UI, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Performance Tester, Selenium and other open source Test tools.
· Must have experience in performing system and functional tests on system capabilities and performance requirements.
· Must have experience in gathering required data and inputs to create Test artifacts and execute Test cases.
· Ability to conduct independent research on software scenarios and the impact of changes to scenarios to the overall stability of the product. Must be proficient in using Rational Team Concert and Rational Quality Manager as a repository for Test artifacts.
· Must have experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or Computer Science and minimum of 4-8 years related experience.
· Ability to write scripts for automated and regression testing
· Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a VA Public Trust clearance.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
Have VA experience and Clearance
· knowledge of applicable Veteran Affair standards;
· Knowledge and experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs VIP Methodology.
Have VA experience and clearance