Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking an Obsolescence/Component Engineer (Sr. Electrical Engineer I) candidate to join our team in support of the COBRA DANE program in the Training and Logistics Services (T&LS) Directorate.
The COBRA DANE radar sensor is a ground-based, computer-driven, L- band (1175-1375 Megahertz (MHz), phased array radar located at Eareckson Air Station (EAS) on Shemya, Alaska (AK). The COBRA DANE AN/FPS-108 radar sensor primary mission is Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (MD). The secondary mission is Space Situational Awareness (SSA).
Note: This position can be hired at either a G08 or G09 grade level depending on experience of candidate.
The Obsolescence/Component Engineering candidate is directly responsible for conducting Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) analyses to identify the loss, or impending loss, of the last known manufacturer or supplier of raw materials and other critical components for production or repair parts, including spare and reparable items. In addition, the candidate will generate a list of End of Life Items, participate in Government-Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP), and resolve all DMSMS or obsolescence issues through standard depot maintenance practices to include participation in redesign efforts or finding and qualifying new sources to ensure COBRA DANE has sufficient spare parts.
The successful candidate will work very closely with the IIS Program Engineer, Program Management Office (PMO) and Training and Logistics Services Logistics (T&LS) Lead to execute tasks described above and as a key member of the Integrated Project Team. The candidate will be a strong communicator with a thorough background in Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and sustainment in the Obsolescence/DMSMS arena.
The Obsolescence/Component Engineering candidate will have at least 4 years of relevant experience that includes the following competencies:
· Experience in assisting obsolescence and repair teams
· Experience with conducting parts investigation requests
- Experience using parts databases and obsolescence tools, including but not limited to, AVCOM, SMART, IHS, and, ILSmart.
· Ability to coordinate and interface effectively at all levels of the organization across multiple contractors and a government workforce
- Experience in building and using Bill of Materials (BOMs)
· Understanding execution of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and sustainment concepts
· Ability to manage multiple, unrelated tasks in an organized manner with attention to detail and thoroughness
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must possess sufficient professional competence to operate independently within a broad scope of authority and with minimal supervision
· Ability to do limited travel CONUS/OCONUS to provide program support and execution if/when required
· Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong understanding of and ability to read engineering drawings
· Existing Secret security clearance
Experience working with radar systems
· Previous experience in the lifecycle of Production, Repair, Spares, and upgrades of depot repair items
· Experience in development and maintenance of engineering documentation
· Experience with and understanding of earned value management system (EVMS) principles (CPI, SPI, BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, etc.)
· EVMS certification
· Ability to develop engineering basis of estimates (BOE) for a specific defined scope of work
· Experience in proactively analyzing and resolving logistics problems relating to operational considerations, engineering drawings and associated hardware in relation to repair activities
- Experience with the engineering change proposal (ECP) processes
· Proficient use of Microsoft applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint) as well as other tools such as Common PDM.
Required Education (including Major):
4 Years, with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.