CSRA has an opportunity available for a talented and innovative senior-level High Performance Computing (HPC) Linux Systems Administrator within our High Performance Computing Center of Excellence to provide the continuing support for our NOAA Research and Development High Performance Computing Systems customer at NOAA's Earth System Research Laboratory in Boulder, Colorado.
The qualified candidate will bring their hands-on technical and project management leadership skills to: ensure HPC environment stability; plan for growth; and manage and support new technology insertions as well as provide remote technical support and consultation to our other supported NOAA sites at Fairmont, West Virginia and Princeton, New Jersey.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills will be leveraged to quickly advance towards viable resolutions;
* 10 years or more years of experience in Systems Administration.
* Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in computer-related field, CS preferred.
* Hands-on experience with Linux Red Hat and CentOS in particular.
* Hands-on experience with computer hardware maintenance, such as replacing DIMMs, disk drives, and PCIe cards.
* Experience with Lustre, NFS, and other NAS and parallel file systems.
* Understanding of basic networking components, and tools, with a solid understanding of routing concepts.
* Experience installing and removing software, both from prebuilt packages and compiling from source.
* Experience in Linux/Unix programming or scripting (including Perl and Bash), and interest in task automation.
* Ability to work in both local and remote technical support environments.
* Strong creative problem solving skills to tackle highly complex large-scale technical problems.
* Disciplined troubleshooting skills.
* Experience in project and technical management.
* Attention to detail skills in the areas such as; time management, organizational, analytical thinking, observation, and active listening.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
* Experience in developing and maintaining software stacks.
* Experience with InfiniBand is a plus.
* Experience in writing C programs is a plus.
* Working knowledge of batch scheduling and queuing systems (such as Moab/Torque or Slurm) is a plus.