Lab Tech I
C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
Performs verifiable quality assurance tests on company products, and prepares laboratory reports prior to applications on location.
- Performs basic quality control testing of well stimulation and cementing fluid systems and additive to verify requested design.
- Assists the Lab Supervisor and/or Sr. Lab Technician in the additive selection and design of advanced stimulation and cementing fluids.
- Learns to prepare, operate, maintain and calibrate equipment in the laboratory in accordance to company standards.
- Assists in performing pre-test and pre-job tasks needed in preparation for providing analytical support to actual operations.
- Responsible for ensuring clean, orderly and safe working conditions in laboratory.
- Assists in preparing documentation and reporting of laboratory data related to field testing of new technology.
- Attends periodic safety and operations improvement meetings and location quality improvement meetings.
- Tracks and records monthly chemical inventory.
- Maintains daily log-in book.
- Work safely and comply with all company and government mandated safe work practices and Environmental regulations.
- Basic decisions are complex in accordance with scope of work and responsibility.
- Works closely with other Laboratory Techs, Lab Managers, Engineering Managers and Well Services Managers.
- Works under close Supervision
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and strong communication (written and oral).
- Proficient computer skills (MS, Word, Excel)
- Good organizational skills
- Motivated; a "self-starter"; able to work independently.
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Communicates clearly and concisely to send and receive information.
- Minimum two years Applied Associates degree in Science Background
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in similar role.
- Education may be considered in lieu of experience
Save This Job
Email This Job to a Friend