We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Contract (CTC) Instructor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this
The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met.
The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
The selected candidate will support training requirements in both the Air Traffic Control Tower and Terminal Radar Approach Control facilities at the CORPUS CHRISTI Airport located in CORPUS CHRISTI, TX.
• The CTC Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC).
• This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development.
• The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at FAA air traffic control facilities within the U.S. National Airspace System.
• The CTC Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years recent Certified Professional Controller experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience instructing FAA personnel.
• The recent experience must have been performed at a similar type and level of ATC facility as the CORPUS CHRISTI ATCT/TRACON Facility.
• The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures.
• Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at the CORPUS CHRISTI ATCT/TRACON Facility will have priority selection for the position.
• Operational Experience with ATC simulators.
• Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required.