Seeking Principal Cyber Engineers for Raytheon Cyber Security Innovations (CSI) in Arlington, VA; Dulles, VA; or State College, PA.
Our engineers solve cutting-edge problems across the full spectrum of Computer Network Operations including Vulnerability research, cyber capability development, multi-system emulation, and automated program analysis. Programs are undertaken with close customer coordination to quickly develop, deploy, and enhance real-world capabilities.
At Raytheon CSI, we take our work and our fun seriously. We refuse work that isn’t engaging, ensure our engineers have the tools they need to excel, and focus on recognizing superb results. CSI research and development projects cover the spectrum of security technologies for Computer Network Operations; if it runs code, somebody in our office has looked at it.
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Software development experience in C/C++
- Expertise in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby)
- Proficient in assembly languages (e.g. x86, ARM, MIPS)
- Highly knowledgeable in cybersecurity attack and defense technologies
- Strong foundations in computer architecture and operating systems
- Detailed experience in reverse engineering and Vulnerability research
- Proficiency with disassemblers and debuggers (e.g. IDA Pro, GDB, WinDBG)
- Familiarity with PE/ELF file formats, linkers, and compilers
- Experience solving Capture-the-Flag (CTF) challenges
- Experience developing and/or reversing Software Protection / Obfuscation techniques
- Strong understanding of and experience with cryptographic protocols
- Experience with automated testing and continuous integration tools/practices
- Experience developing hypervisors and virtualization utilities
- Embedded development or reverse engineering experience
- Familiarity with Computer Network Operations
- Active U.S. Government Security Clearance
U.S. Citizenship is required. Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet requirements to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI government security clearance.
Our interviews are technical. Come prepared to tell us about your technical background and interests as well as to work through some of our questions on a computer or whiteboard. We hope candidates find our questions to be thought provoking, but we don’t ask brain teasers or tricks. This is a chance to have a dialog with our team, and we hope you will enjoy it!
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.