Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
We are seeking an early career Electrical Engineer to support manufacturing and test of the Trident II D5 Missile! This Engineer will be located in Kings Bay, Georgia, at the US Navy?s Strategic Weapons Facility, Atlantic (SWFLANT).
This Engineer will work on missile hardware and associated electrical support equipment. You?ll work directly with senior engineers to plan, implement, test, document, and maintain solutions for the integration and testing of in-house developed hardware, Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) components, and associated systems/subsystems level components. Another focus for this role will be to work directly with functional and technical specifications and standards, solve hardware/software interface problems, define input/output parameters, and ensure proper system/subsystem level performance. Additional responsibilities outlined below:
- Review, evaluate, and derive technical requirements for missile/component level testing.
- Develop and direct preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures, and schedules for missile systems and subsystems level testing.
- Coordinate missile system/subsystem testing activities and discrepancy analysis with design engineers and other organizations.
- Perform analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive system/subsystem level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
- Write discrepancy reports and performs integration/regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to hardware and software.
- Test data management and reporting duties as required.
- Support overtime and weekend/shift operations as required by program and operational schedule.
This position requires an Interim Secret prior to starting ? U.S. Citizenship Required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related associated engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
-Knowledge of JAVA or C or C++ programming languages.
-Ability to read, understand, and interpret electrical and electromechanical schematics.
-Basic knowledge and experience with Electrical Engineering theory and applications, analog electronics, digital electronics, measurement equipment, and associated practical applications.
-Basic circuit design skills with hands-on experience.
-Experience with RF and other wireless communication systems.
-Familiarity of Linux, UNIX, and Windows based Operating Systems.
-Experience with database management activities.
-Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Detail oriented.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Kings Bay Georgia