Systems Engineer (Job Number:436322)
SAIC is currently looking for Systems Engineers to support the execution of Systems engineering integration and test activities for the Remote Sensing (RS) Directorate at SMC, with responsibilities for the Air Force?s Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Environmental Monitoring space and ground Systems across the full development and operational lifecycle.
Engineers are need with the following functional skills:
- Architecture Development, Modeling, and Maintenance
- Requirements Development/Management
- CONOPS Development
- Interface Design and Control
- Configuration Management / Data Management
- Risk Management
The Systems engineers with support the following categories:
- Enterprise Integration for the Directorate which includes portfolio and knowledge management activities
- Oversight of the Technical Management Process Leads which including technical baseline management, risk management, configuration management, data management, etc.
- Oversight of the Technical Process Leads which including each phase of the standard Systems engineering ?Vee? process lifecycle, cybersecurity, and specialty engineering All of this functional support will follow IEEE standard 15288 process flows, as tailored for the specific Directorate activities. The Systems engineers will report directly to the RS SE&I SEIT lead and may provide matrix support to specific OPIR or Weather space and ground Systems.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Execution of IEEE Standard 15288 Systems engineering process activities
- Conduct SE activities based on sound engineering practices
- Elicit and refine customer requirements
- Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/system constraints
- Performs Systems Engineering activities including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, Systems integration, system & operational performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total Systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and 4-5 years or more experience; Masters 2+ years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Candidate must currently possess DoD SECRET;
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Top Secret / SCI (preferred)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Contributed to development of New principles and concepts
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors (STEM) and 4 years or more of related experience -OR- Masters and 2 or more years or more of related experience -OR- PhD or JD and 0 years or more of related experience
- Desired Certifications - INCOSE Certification
- Desired Qualifications and Experience - Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- System analysis and design
- Interface and data architectures
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 2, 2018, 4:50:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job