Telecommunications Systems Engineer (Job Number:436359)
Telecommunications Systems Engineer
Job Description: The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background in telecommunications and research to this position, helping identify and track telecommunications industry trends and updating information on a continual basis. The candidate will respond inquiries related to the database to support users.
- Investigate, evaluate and document the characteristics of telecommunications Systems and instrumentation for testing such Systems to include.
- Research, identify, analyze and evaluate complex telecommunication Systems and instrumentation.
- Perform scientific and technical analysis on a variety of complex projects to determine characteristics of various telecommunications Systems and functions of related equipment.
- Report changes, trends and implications of evolving global telecommunication Systems.
- Provide information to analysts related to technology trends and telecommunication equipment specifications.
- Coordinate with counterparts while assuming a role in analysis and information sharing.
- Prepare briefings and reports on analysis methodology and results.
- Maintain a database of worldwide technology trends.
Required Education and Experience:
- Apply extensive telecommunications technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical research skills are needed to perform this function.
- Bachelors degree with 14 years experience or more experience; Masters degree with 12 years or more experience.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly Security Clearance is required.
- Experience developing and maintaining databases with some coding experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 3, 2018, 4:37:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job