Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martin?s lead business unit for Research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
This position will be responsible for identifying, maturing and capturing new Research and/or product development efforts encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, such as autonomy, Deep Learning/Machine Learning missile technology and potential others, as they arise. Position will also work closely with the MFC Lines of Business to develop collaborative, multi-discipline ideas and mature them through IRADs &/or contracts via Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Air Force Research Labs (AFRL) or other government laboratories.
This position will require domestic travel.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the ?Mid-Cities? region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Experience working closely with DARPA and/or other DoD laboratories
- Experience with proposal review and/or preparation for Research and development efforts
- Experience managing technical interactions between government SMEs across a broad range of technologies
- Experience with government contracting processes
- Experience interfacing with government SMEs across a broad area of technologies
- Overall engineering experience from program capture, requirements analysis/generation through program execution
- Experience providing technical guidance and direction for programs, preferable in the applied Research area
- Ability to secure a DoD security clearance
- Proven track record of identifying and capturing new business/CRAD
- Experience with Research in autonomy, Deep Learning/Machine Learning, human/machine interfaces and collaborative operations
-Experience with Research in missile &/or sensor-related technologies such as: open system architectures, seeker/sensor HW modalities, data fusion and video processing algorithms, GNC, operational analysis and operation in GPS denied/degraded environments
- Experience working with other Lines of Business within MFC, and other LM Business Areas, to develop new programs &/or technologies
- Modeling and simulation experience
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas