Principal Logistician Sr. (Team Lead) (Job Number:436550)
SAIC is seeking a Principal Logistician Sr. (Team Lead) in Charleston, SC.
- Responsible to the Logistics Manager to perform as the leader of the logistics engineering technical Team.
- As Team leader a successful candidate performs system fault analysis, lifecycle maintenance and integrated product support (IPS); ensures the execution and continuous improvement of integrated logistics processes, acquisition logistics trade studies, product support, and Team supervision and oversight.
- This is an important position in a high profile and technically challenging program for which you would participate in developing unusually complex problem solutions which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Challenges are often unique and solutions may serve precedent for future decisions. Your decisions may affect the financial, employee, or public relations of SAIC. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may impact goals critical to the major objectives of the organization.
- As a leader working in an integrated Team environment as well as individually, the successful candidate will be responsible for the proper analysis, development, evolution, implementation, and documentation of the overall system analysis, development and specification by working with other Team members to ensure completeness and robustness of the entire system.
Specific duties include:
- Develop, staff and Lead logistics engineering teams for program execution
- Provide technical and Team leadership to systematically design, develop, prototype, test and deploy a major system and capability to an important customer.
- Work with the Lead Systems Engineer and other teams to ensure proper lifecycle support of the system according to the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Research and analyze supportability impacts of proposed hardware designs
- Develop methodologies and metrics to measure supportability
- Provide thought leadership and day-to-day logistics leadership to development Team
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Must be United States citizen
- Must possess an SSBI that is current within the last 5 years
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
- Proven leadership skills
- Proven acquisition logistics skills
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- A solid working knowledge and understanding of computer/network systems.
- Experience in large system-of- systems design
- Demonstrated successful project development and delivery history
- Working knowledge of reliability and maintainability considerations in complex systems
- Experience in system development, test and fielding in a secure military environment
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 10, 2018, 10:16:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job