Network Service Delivery Manager (Job Number:436530)
SAIC is actively seeking a permanent employee to function as a Network Service Delivery Manager who will lead a Network Infrastructure team and manage both projects and personnel.
This position will be responsible for leading the team managing the networks and the network and security components that enable data, voice and audio/video communication activities for the customer?s enterprise.
the position leads the team performing the following activities:
- Design, analysis, planning, modification and maintenance of the network and security components, including network monitoring systems.
- Network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Evaluation of new network and security technology.
- Analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling.
- Provision of specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; the provision of information for hardware and software selection; and the selection of tools for the Most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Test network and security systems.
- Monitor and resolve network incidents on a 24X7 basis.
- the position maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways. the role sets the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee and is responsible for hiring and managing the performance and career development of each employee. the role also oversees the performance of subcontractors supporting various aspects of the voice, network and security services.
- Directs technical team leaders and subcontractors. Has responsibility for managing a function that includes multiple related departments. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Responsible to meet service levels and project schedules within budget constraints.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through technical team leaders. Involved in developing, modifying and executing policies and procedures that affect immediate operations and may also have customer-wide effect.
- Establishes policies appropriate for the function. Interprets and recommends modifications to company-wide policies and practices. Develops budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Objectives are defined in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Decisions have a serious impact on the overall success or failure on area of accountability. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause critical delays or modifications to company projects or operations causing substantial expenditure of Time, workforce, and funds.
- Interacts with senior management concerning matters of significance to the company. Conducts business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience. HS Diploma or GED and an additional four (4) years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Bachelor degree preferred to have been received in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field.
- 18 years of experience in network or security administration
- Must be eligible to pass law enforcement background investigations and if required to obtain U.S. SECRET (or similar) clearances as required by the customer
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Previous or current Cisco CCNP or higher certification
- Demonstrated experience briefing senior management of customers
- ITIL® Foundation Level or higher Certification
- Security+ certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco CCIE certification (current or past)
- Experience managing an environment with primarily Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
- Experience with SevOne
- Experience with Zscaler
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the Delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2018, 2:59:40 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SANTA ANA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
Shift: Day Job