full-time employee contract
Under supervision, performs simple and routine tasks or tests within, but not necessarily limited to a prescribed area of expertise. Duties will be varied but the majority of the work will be assembly and installation of electronic equipment. Technician will assist with pulling cable, and preparing electronic equipment for installation
• Perform a wide variety of duties in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electronic systems
• Test electronic circuits and components to locate and replace defective components using appropriate electronic test equipment and hand tools.
• Read and understand schematics and drawings with little to no guidance, understanding basic building blocks of electrical/electronic circuits and basic theoretic understanding of components function
• Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems and good aptitude for problem evaluation.
• Assist with the installation, fabrication, modification and operation of test equipment used on special projects.
• Able to read and interpret schematics and blueprints.
• Ability to read, interpret, and follow standard test procedures.
• An understanding of the practical implications of electrical and electronic circuitry, and have the experience and the ability to read, understand and implement engineering diagrams and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Comply with our cable management practices.
• Re-bundle and store cables that will be reused.
• Organize and label the cables as specified in our cabling guidelines.
• Create wiring and harnesses for prototypes (soldering, crimping, heat-shrinking).
• The position of Installation requires the following attributes: technical capability, professionalism, self-motivation, self-discipline, focus and attention to detail and punctuality
• Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing to coworkers and team members as well as external entities/customers
Other Skills Preferred:
• Vocational/technical training beyond high school and 0 to 2 (zero to two) years of job-related experience or equivalent. Excellent written communication skills; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work as required