Senior Process Engineer or Senior Process Engineer II
An opportunity currently exists in the Microelectronics Engineering & Technology (MET) Department, a part of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), as a Senior Electrical Engineer I / II. MET develops, designs, and manufactures compound semiconductor devices, millimeter/microwave integrated circuits, and modules for defense and commercial applications.
As a member of the MET Department, the individual in this role will serve as a process engineer to lead and execute process development efforts in the RF Components production wafer fab. In order to succeed at this role, the candidate should have a versatile background and experience in various aspects of wafer fabrication including two or more of the following areas: metal and dielectric deposition, etch, and photolithography. A broad understanding of other aspects of semiconductor processing, device physics, microelectronic circuit testing, and RF design is desirable.
The role requires collaborative team work and communication of project status. Experience in design of experiments, hands-on process development, and project management skills are preferred.
- Experience with III-V compound semiconductor fabrication
- Understanding of integrated circuit functionality
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Broad knowledge related to semiconductor processing, device physics, and data analysis
- Experience with processing of III-V compound semiconductor devices particularly Gallium Nitride and Gallium Arsenide
- Experience with characterizing, understanding, and improving semiconductor device performance and reliability - - - Highly skilled at multitasking, having attention to details, and working in collaborative team environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate technical projects with diverse and cross-functional teams
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.