full-time employee contract
ManTech International Corporation will be hiring experienced and skilled Data Warehouse/Database Analyst Modeler to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist the U.S. Government Customs Border Patrol (CBP) officers and border enforcement personnel. The chosen candidate will look to effectively and efficiently help to provide analysis in identifying cargo, individuals, conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States. They will conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats, develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence-based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations, and coordinate and enhance analysis and target efforts.
The analyst will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders and customers to gather requirements for the design and development of data models and design specifications using star schema techniques; analyze and create Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) specifications. Day to day responsibilities includes:
· Responsible for data warehouse design and development including conceptual, logical and physical data models, data analysis, data profiling, and ETL design.
· Working closely with client to assist in managing data needs, and supporting collection of data needed for various operational needs.
· Data analysis, problem solving, investigation and creative thinking with massive amount of data supporting variety of operational scenarios
· Respond to data queries/analysis requests from various groups within an organization. Create and publish regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc reports as needed.
· Responsible for the analysis and design of data marts for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
· Analyzing source system data to understand the data structures, definitions and anomalies.
· Researching and documenting data definitions for all subject areas and primary data sets supporting the core business applications.
· Support development staff in their implementation of the reports and universes
· Provide data analysis for understanding and interpreting various operational data for the organization.
· Analyze and capture meaningful and operationally actionable information from very large scale relational database.
Location is based on Customer Request in either Herndon, VA or Sterling, VA.